Friday, November 05, 2004

A Psalm of Praise

1. Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
2 Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
Psalms 100 KJV

Can you name ten things today that you can say "I praise God for ...(this or that)?


Try it. I am sure there are more than 10 if you start to think about them.
Now, once you have done that, write those things down, ...today.
Tomorrow, do the same thing. It is okay to name some of the same things again, but try to think of at least five different things for which you want to give praise to the Lord. Share some of these things with others too. I would really enjoy hearing about your experience as you do this.

Here are my 10 for today:

1) I praise God for the happiness that He has given to me, it makes me feel like singing.

2) I praise God that He said "make a joyful noise" because some say that my singing sounds happy, but it is more like noise. I imagine that in heaven, all our prayers and songs are beautiful to God's ears.

3) I am thankful for all of my wonderful friends, both long time and new friends, and how God has used you to bless me, I praise Him for bringing you and me together.

4) My Lord God, I prais you for giving me all that you have in my family and I ask that you bless my wife, my children and grandchildren so that they each may be a blessing to others.

5) Jesus has saved me, even me, and I praise Him for that and ask Him to change me into what He had in mind when He created me.

6) My God has given me all that I have in this world and I give thanks for He has made me, (in spite of my own errors) He is full of grace and mercy for He truly treats me better that I deserve.

8) I praise You, God for the beauty of this day , for the sunlight, the beautiful way that you teach us about yourself even in the nature of your creation.

9) God, You honor Your promises, they are powerful, and I praise You for giving them to us and for reviving me to share these promises and Your power to fulfill them with others. I had been asleep and you have found a wondrful way to awaken me.

10) Thank you and I praise You for the blessed assurance you have given me that my sins are forgiven and that You are working in me. You are teaching me to love like You do. This is truly a small taste of heaven
In Jesus' name I thank you and I praise you for all these things and for your Holy Spirit that is able to utter the things that i cannot even think to say.
"Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered." Romans 8:26
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blessed Assurance
Words by Fanny Crosby
Music by Phoebe P. Knapp
1873

Hebrews 10:22
"Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith,
having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience,
and our bodies washed with pure water.

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.

Refrain
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long.

Perfect submission, perfect delight,
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.

Refrain
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long.

Perfect submission, all is at rest;
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.

Refrain
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior, all the day long.



You are invited to visit the Church that I attend.